THE PURPOSE of the First Baptist Church of Greensburg is to create an environment to which we come to know Jesus Christ… to Love Him, to Worship Him, to Learn of Him, to Minister in His Name.
OUR VALUES: Fulfilling the Great Commission.
Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20).
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- Salvation is found in Jesus Christ alone, who is the one and only Son of the Living God. Through Him, all who come to Him by faith and repent of their sins receive forgiveness through Christ’s death on the cross and live in new life through the Holy Spirit’s transforming power.
- The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their entirety is God’s Word and is the standard by which we are to live our lives, express our faith, and function as a community.
- We are to live our lives, to make disciples, to evangelize, and to grow our church in a manner that expresses the loving and longing heart of God for those who are separated from Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Prayer is the cornerstone in our relationship with our Heavenly Father. We pray to God with expectant hearts and minds for guidance, healing, and transformation of our lives, our churches, our community, and the world.
- Every Christian is created to glorify God; therefore, we are gifted for ministry and needed for ministry.
- As children of God, we are to be generous with our time, talents, and money in order to serve our church, help those in need, and to support the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- His ministry being accomplished in relationships which express the love, intimacy, and unity of the family of God as revealed in our relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Teaching and worshipping in God’s Word, participating in the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and Believers’ Baptism through the power of the Holy Spirit. Our Worship, which glorifies God, is to be authentic and relevant to our cultural setting while remaining within the beliefs of the Baptist tradition.
- Developing disciples and training emerging leaders who are committed to Jesus Christ and to reaching others with the Gospel.