Some good news, finally. Westmoreland Cleanways Recycling Center will re-open to the public on Monday, May 11. Hours of operation and procedures will remain basically the same as before, but with some important changes:
The Recycling Center will operate under recommended CDC guidelines.
– Visitors must wear masks and maintain social distancing
– Visitors will unload their own vehicles, unless directed otherwise by staff
– Material must be sorted by type as follows:
· Paper by 4 types: cardboard; mixed magazines, junk mail, odds & ends; newsprint; clean white office paper (including shredded white paper)
· Clear, green and brown glass; no metal lids or corks (metal lids can be recycled with scrap metal)
– Signage and Staff will direct visitors to unloading areas for various materials
– Visitors must take back boxes, bags, or containers unless they are to be recycled when empty
Assistance for elderly/disabled visitors will be available upon request, while following staff instructions.
The new address is: 355 Pleasant Unity Mutual Road, Greensburg PA 15601; tan metal buildings with blue metal roofs.
· From Route 30/Greensburg: Pleasant Unity Exit/Route 130 East: travel toward Pleasant Unity 5 miles to T intersection; turn right toward Fairgrounds and then right into recycling center parking lot
· From Route 30/Latrobe: South on Route 981 past Airport; bear right toward Pleasant Unity; travel one mile past traffic light in Pleasant Unity; ½ mile past Naser’s Market; recycling center is on the right
· From Westmoreland Fairgrounds: From Mt. Pleasant Road, bear right at Fairgrounds entrance onto Pleasant Unity Mutual Road toward Latrobe; travel 2 miles to recycling center on left